Having you in my space is a practical experience I wouldn’t trade for anything.
Growing with you is a privilege and one of the perks of it is that I get to be accountable with you. I share lessons from my journey and excerpts on my quest to leading a productive life.
In recent times, my use of social media reduced drastically and I found myself asking hard questions on the trajectory of how you and I can get massive results in all our endeavours: how about we all do more, try to understand more, and talk a little less?
Today, I have some questions for you, and for me, and for all of us:
- Are you spending more time on media than you are creating the life that you want?
- Have you watched as many video clips on how to create wealth, improve your community, build/grow your work/business, live a healthy life raising your kids, as you have on riots, protests and memes on all?
- Who are you going to blame for your life not going the way you want?
Trust me, there is nothing wrong in memes or lending your voice to a cause you believe in. The deal breaker is if you are spending more time on media than you are creating the life that you want?
The truth is that a number of things many of us are invested in probably can’t create an effect that would usher in the outcomes we seek to create or, more likely, we’re not willing to do what it takes to change the outcome.
For instance: how do you contribute towards an improved community?
Making every experience with people count – virtual or physical? Or counting your number of likes, shares and RTs?
How about you creating wealth or a healthy lifestyle?
What are the hard choices you have to make?
These are some of the honest questions I have been asking myself in recent times. And when we get enraged by the existing realities around us, we are swift to rush to the social media space to rant instead of fixing the real issue.
Here is a litmus test: who are you going to blame for your life not going the way you want?
- If you’d blame you, then you know what to do.
- If you have any other answer to the question, this is what you should do
The interesting twist is that hard decisions are always ready to haunt us unless we deal with them, so, you know where you stand as you read this.
Do the right and don’t stop until you get your results.