What are some honest, unfiltered things about you?
- My writings are always serious.
- I am a global citizen of Ibadan origin.
- I am devoted and faithful to worthy causes.
- I take 30minutes everyday to laugh and rejoice.
- I don’t have a reason to believe that people are bad.
- If it is not right, I won’t do it. If it is not true, I won’t say it.
- I believe in God our Father. I believe in the name of Jesus.
- I am learning to smile a lot since friends said I look cute with my smiling face.
- I am a catalyst of good thinking, passion, due diligence, love, discipline, innovation and grits.
- Everyone tells me I am too mature for my age, but I do not view that as a bad thing. ~65% of my friends are older than I am.
- People think I am reserved a better now and can open up more. I know people still think I’m very reserved and it bothers me.
- One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself. In other words, I don’t like eye – service.
What drives you nuts?
- Telling me to calm down.
- People who treat me with disrespect, or who believe they are more important or more valuable than me.
- People who abbreviate words and write you as u. I am on a quest to identify the colour of their problem.
- Why would someone derive joy in taking advantage of another? I know I’m not a human rights activist but it’s sickening.
- Why would you phone my line 10 times? What’s the plan? If I miss your call, I’d return it.
- Going into meetings without clear objectives beforehand.
What are your quirks?
- I cannot dance to save my life.
- My handwriting has to be an asset.
- I enjoy taking long walks. I walk very quickly too.
- I’m never comfortable attending parties. I love my space.
- I am obsessed with food. I love to eat and I make healthy choices too. I am wired to think of work the moment I eat.
- I am in a fix with sleep. It’s either I am energetic and hardly ever need to rest or I sleep all the time and still gets tired during the day.
How can people earn an extra gold star with you?
- Saying it as it is
- Being present in the moment; not being distracted.
- To quickly respond to texts, messages and emails is heavenly.
- Being able to match my excitement on ideas, in meetings and when talking about topics that interest us.
What qualities do you particularly value in people who work with you?
- Dedication and Selflessness
- Givers: value will always attract value!
- Be Engaging: I connect with enthusiasm and encouragement.
- Empathy: it’s the currency that allows the exchange of value in our relationships and communities. Spend the currency!
- Be Inspiring: Let me see how your intuition and intelligence gives everyone around you an opportunity to grow.
- Ambitious: To pioneer new frontiers or keep moving forward is a complete turn – on. I love to see the contagious energy.
What are some things that people might misunderstand about you that you should clarify?
- Just because I’m not smiling doesn’t mean I’m not happy; I just don’t smile a lot.
- Just because I’m online doesn’t mean I am available. I work with my gadgets.
How do you coach people to do their best work and develop their talents?
- If approached, I provide relevant support within my capacity.
- I offer myself as a platform to display people’s talents. I recognize efforts and give credit to talents in public.
What’s the best way to communicate with you?
- My Twitter DM is always open. If you’d like to connect with me, be specific (a call to action), What would you have us talk about? Any recommendations? Just Shoot!
- Zoom (preferably video) for calls on idea generation, goal/project update and feedback.
- Emails: When mails pertain to deliverables and actions that need to completed or feedback on MayWeather Newsletter
What’s the best way to convince you to do something?
- Ask! If it resonates with my personal values and I can confirm your intentions are pure, count me in.
How do you like to give feedback?
- Feedback on writing: picking out unnecessary words in marketing copy, essays, articles, and blog posts.
- Feedback on individual performance: saying what’s disagreeable if it means that the person in question is willing to improve from the feedback.
How do you like to get feedback?
- Without agenda. With honesty. Without feeling like you’re trying to morph me into a particular image of somebody. Rather, you’re planting seeds of good character that I want to nourish myself through good work.
- Being told what I don’t want to hear, but that I need to hear.